FULL SYNTHETIC OIL:
WHAT IS IT AND Why does it matter?
Engine oil plays a critical role in the health and performance of your engine and is arguably the most important thing to keep your engine running. But the type of oil you choose impacts things like:
How often do you need an oil change
How much friction exists between moving engine parts, which impacts long-term engine performance
How consistently your engine performs between temperature extremes, such as cold starts, regular running and extreme heat
So when you’re choosing an oil, conventional oils can do the job, but synthetic will do it better. It’s like a camera. Your great aunt’s point-and-shoot could get a family selfie (on a good day) but your smartphone will do it better.
Synthetic engine oils start with highly-refined, chemically-treated petroleum. Unlike conventional oils, synthetic lubricants go through many steps to eliminate impurities. This provides a more consistent groundwork for the final engine oil, directly affecting the oil’s performance. Then the additives (think of them as a recipe’s ingredients) can do the jobs they were meant to do.
You can find the following Full Synthetic Engine Oils in our line-up of Oil Change Kits:
SAE 0W-20 FUEL CONSERVING ENGINE OIL
SAE 5W-30 TRUCK/SUV ENGINE OIL
SAE 10W-40 POWERSPORTS ENGINE OIL
SAE 10W-30 DIESEL ENGINE OIL
WHAT DOES 'DEVELOPING AND TESTING' REALLY MEAN?
Our team of chemists and engineers work side by side to bring you everything you want and your engine needs. They achieve this through a process of creating formulas, lab testing, refining the formulas and engine testing. And they don’t stop until they find the best fluid formula to:
- Cater to the application and exact engine type (not all engines are created equal – they each have their own needs)
- Meet applicable industry specs/requirements (like API, JASO, etc.) that are standards for quality and performance (API, JASO, NMMA …)
- Allow the oil to achieve its highest potential by reducing friction, eliminating overheating, protecting critical engine components, keeping sludge and deposits at bay, maximizing performance and extending the life of your equipment
- Ensure it translates to a real engine through fired engine testing
- Ultimately find the best balance of performance and price so that you aren’t paying for unnecessary add-ons, but are still getting an incredible product to protect your engine
Our unique combination of expertise, testing and innovation allows us to customize a solution to a specific application, giving the piece of mind that everything in a bottle of our oil is tested – and proven to work.